Monday 3 November 2014

Currently Trending: Block Heels

I love high heels.

Especially the thin and slightly impractical, stiletto heel. But, I have to confess something... They are not that comfortable. They look fabulous and super chic but they are for standing around, not running around.

That is where the block heel comes in handy. The popular and current trending style, is a comfortable and safe shoe option for the Spring/Summer season.

So, why are the block heels so popular?

My current fave  by Wittner

Well, stating the obvious, they are comfortable. They give you the desired height, without sacrificing comfort. Wearing block heels means you can walk for miles, window shop for days and party all night long.

Block heels were never my favourite shoe trend. I thought they were too bulky and not flattering at all. So, I avoided them. That was until, I kept seeing them more and more. So, I decided to try them on.

My feet were in comfort heaven and I couldn't deny them, that feeling.

So I bought a pair.

It took me a while to get used to them. But now, they are one of my favourite shoes in my wardrobe. I wear them to and from work, casually on the weekend and I have never been so comfortable.

The chunky block heel provides much needed support under the heel of your foot and supports the arch of your foot. What more can you want from a shoe?

Veronika Maine skirt, Kookai crop top, Wittner heels and Samantha Wills necklace

There are so many styles and options available in a block heel. They are becoming popular with celebrities and they have even made an appearance on red carpet.

So here are my tips for styling your block heels this Spring/Summer season.

1. Block heels can be quite heavy so style them with chic and feminine silhouettes to soften the look. My personal favourite, is midi skirts and crop tops.

2. Block heels are great all year round. Be sure to style yours with a pair of jeans, a cotton tee and a fitted blazer, for an instantly chic look.

3. If you are still nervous to try this trend, start off with a small, block heel to gain your confidence and then graduate to a bigger block heel.

I will always be a stiletto girl, but this is one trend, that I will be embracing this season. They have already made multiple appearances in my daily outfits.

Happy shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...