Friday 12 June 2015

Travel Series: The 6 Must Have Shoes for Travelling Overseas

In under a month, I'll be taking flight overseas. I will be travelling with my boyfriend for a year, sadly leaving majority of my shoe collection behind! So from now until I leave, I thought I would share with you all the travelling tips I have discovered, right up until my heels leave the ground.

So, starting off the Travel Series is the most important and the most difficult subject to understand...

What Shoes Should I Pack?


This is the most difficult thing to pack... Especially for me. Shoes are my life. I love having many to choose from and I have the perfect shoes, for any occasion sitting in my wardrobe for when the time comes. 

But, as it is almost impossible to fit 200 pairs of shoes into my suitcase, I've had to cull... 

A lot.

And it makes me sad! After hours, days, weeks and months of planning, I have finally picked what shoes i'll be taking with me.

So here are my 6 Must Have Shoes for Travelling Oversees:


1. Luxe Trainers. They are all about sports luxury. Travelling is all about exploring new cities which means you'll be doing a lot of walking. So you need comfortable shoes for that! They should be comfortable and a little bit stylish so you can go from day to night easy. 

2. Next, you'll need a pair of simple ankle boots. They will look good with everything. You can wear them with dresses and playsuits during Summer and jeans and stockings during Winter. Choose a neutral colour so you can wear them with everything. Also, choose a pair you'll be comfortable in for a long time. You may need to wear them to work, out for dinner or during the day. Block heels give you height, while maintaining comfort so consider these!

3. If I couldn't bring a pair of high heel shoes with me, I would not be able to leave Perth behind. Choose a pair that can be dressed up for an elegant occasion or dressed down for something more casual. I chose a trusty pair of strappy heels. They are feminine, flattering and super chic.


4. Sandals are a must have for warmer climates. They keep your feet cool during the heat and if you choose a stylish pair, you can easily go from day to night and not feel out of place.

5. Walking shoes are unfortunately needed. They support your feet when you are lugging around your heavy backpack and you'll be able to walk comfortably.

6. Ballet flats. I almost couldn't write this but it's true. If you have a job that requires you to be on your feet for extended periods of time, you'll need a flat shoe. They'll be comfortable for a long shift and they'll look good with dresses, skirts and under long trousers.

What are your must have shoes for travelling?

Check in next week for more travel and packing tips.


2 comments:

  1. Haha - I love number 6!!!! A girl cannot live in high heels alone, hey?! But anyway have a WONDERFUL trip and I so look forward to reading all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! :) The ballet flats are purely "in case of emergency!" :P

      Delete

Looking forward to hearing your comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...